Monday 12 September 2011

New Art Classes

Clay Mask -

Creative House are now running art classes in the recently opened Nenagh Arts Centre. I am really excited about this. The new centre currently don't have any ongoing visual arts program and I am hoping that I can carve a place there for our courses. With the new baby I will be bringing in some help with the wonderfully creative Aisling Finucane  running the start of the children's classes. We are going to explore a range of mediums and craft projects. As always I will be bringing in ideas from well known artists but also encouraging the kids to find their own inspirations. Some of the art work will be displayed here and I will also post some tutorials so you can do the classes with your own kids.

The adults workshops will focus on helping people to get in touch with their creativity. I often find when working with adults who don't paint at home, they have a reluctance to let go and allow what ever is inside to come out. They can often spend a lot of time trying to get something 'right' and be 'good'. I suppose if the last time you did art was in school if can be very hard to shake that internal teacher. I hope to make the class a relaxing place where people are happy to explore and experiment without the inner critic.

I am looking forward to getting my hands messy.

No comments: